Teganjaz Books Presents...Author, Tracy L. Darity

Bringing you the best in contemporary fiction, one book at a time

A View From Tracy's Point

Forum Home > Book Reviews > The Man in 3B

Tracy L Darity
Site Owner

The Man in 3BThe Man in 3B by Carl Weber

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Will the real Carl Weber please stand up? I’ve been begging for an appearance from the Carl Weber I used to enjoy and I heard the Man in 3B was one of his best works. Yes, it was a really good read and I enjoyed it, but was it really Weber behind the words? For whatever reason I could not hear Weber’s voice in this book and at time I found myself thinking the voice was somewhat Caucasian-ish.

The Man in 3B is about lust, murder, mayhem, and more lust. Darryl Graham is the new guy in apartment 3B, and worthy of the ladies attention. The setting is very reminiscent of the 80’s sitcom 227, where residents of an apartment building spend most of their days huddled around the front stoop gossiping about who slept with whom. And trust me; there was a whole to be gossiped about.

The book centers around several residents of the building and how their lives are intertwined, and when one turns up dead it turns into a real whodunit. The Man in 3B is well written but the book is predictable at times and the ending was no mystery at all.

Although I am not convinced the book was penned by Weber I am giving it 4 Stars because at the end of the day it was a pretty good book.

Peace & Blessings

Tracy L. Darity
www.TracyLDarity.com

View all my reviews

June 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.