Teganjaz Books Presents...Author, Tracy L. Darity

Bringing you the best in contemporary fiction, one book at a time

A View From Tracy's Point

Forum Home > Book Reviews > Healing for My Hurt: A Journey to Wholeness: Finding My Father, Finding Myself by Ed D. Cynthia Parker White

Tracy L Darity
Site Owner

Healing for My Hurt: A Journey to Wholeness: Finding My Father, Finding MyselfHealing for My Hurt: A Journey to Wholeness: Finding My Father, Finding Myself by Ed D. Cynthia Parker White
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Healing for My Hurt: A Journey to Wholeness: Finding My Father, Finding Myself by Ed D. Cynthia Parker White is a heart felt true account of a daughters search for her father. White grew-up without her dad and his absence had a deep and long lasting affect on her life. Most women in her position can easily relate to her story of feeling abandoned, unwanted and unloved; growing up in a single parent home led by a mother whose main goal was to keep a roof over her children’s head and food on the table. In the book White refers to herself as an over-achiever, always desiring to be better and do better as a means of dealing with being the product of an absentee dad. What makes her life-story even more intriguing is how almost everything she lived through can be traced back to her feelings of not knowing her father.

Healing for My Hurt... taught me so much about the emotional torment that children experience not having their fathers around. Having grown up with my father in the home it is hard to understand what women like White endured and how it can ultimately determine the direction their lives take. It is easy to say suck it up, or get over it, move past it, and don’t let things you have no control over ruin your life, but now I understand how callous that type of thinking can be. White does an excellent job inviting the reader into her world growing up without her dad and the longing, and wanting to know more about him, and not having a way to gain that information.

There were moments in the book when I cried over the hurt she must have lived through. Then there were the mention of locations and settings that conjured up faded memories of an era long gone. Although White united with her father at the age of 56 through a simple internet search, her story has moments that still challenge their new-found relationship. There was a lot packed into such a small book, but every word leant to a powerful story that needed to be told.

Healing for My Hurt... is a book that should be read by young girls struggling with growing up without their fathers so they know they are not alone. I also strongly recommend it to every man who has ever walked away from his child…your presence matters and is so very important to her growth and transition into womanhood.

I give Healing for My Hurt: A Journey to Wholeness: Finding My Father, Finding Myself 4.5 stars.

Peace and Blessings,

Tracy

Buy Now

View all my reviews

August 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.