Bringing you the best in contemporary fiction, one book at a time

A View From Tracy's Point

Forum Home > Book Reviews (Tracy's Books) > March 19, 2010

Tracy L Darity
Site Owner

4.0 out of 5.0 stars

Erika Simmons 

Gooddreads.com

This book was really hard for me to read. Not because it isn't a good book, it is, but because as a victim of infidelity that led to divorce, I found this authors writing too in your face. The book is written in first person from the point of view of the wife, husband, and mistress. She places you not only in the scene but in the characters head.

Married women who have dealt with a cheating husband may not care for this book. Women who read books about affairs want the wife to pre ...more This book was really hard for me to read. Not because it isn't a good book, it is, but because as a victim of infidelity that led to divorce, I found this authors writing too in your face. The book is written in first person from the point of view of the wife, husband, and mistress. She places you not only in the scene but in the characters head.

Married women who have dealt with a cheating husband may not care for this book. Women who read books about affairs want the wife to prevail, the mistress to be punished and the husband to realize the best thing that ever happened to him is at home. Instead the writer portrays the wife as many wives in this situation are; afraid of losing their husband and security, and being alone. Any woman who has been a mistress will probably love it because it gives them hope that a married man will actually love them, yeah right.

Once I put my personal experience aside I began to enjoy the book. Ms. Darity is a gifted writer and this story turned out to have more twists and turns than I imagined it would. The ending was not what I expected.

November 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.