A View From Tracy's Point

Forum Home > Book Reviews (Tracy's Books) > Is It Really Love?, July 31, 2009

Tracy L Darity
Site Owner

4.0 out of 5 stars (RAW Rating: 3.5) 

By The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers (RAWSISTAZ.com and BlackBookReviews.net) -

Reviewed by Paula Henderson

of The RAWSISTAZ(tm) Reviewers

This review is from: He Loves Me He Loves Me Not! (Paperback)

Khadejah Johnson is your typical high school teen just three months shy of graduating when HE LOVES ME, HE LOVE ME NOT opens. Terrance, the guy she is dating, is on the basketball team and has a pesky ex-girlfriend with whom he maintains an on-again, off-again relationship. When the ex-girlfriend becomes pregnant, Khadejah is deeply hurt and moves on to a relationship with a much older man. This is where her tales of heartache and joy begin as she navigates through relationships looking for Mr. Right.

From the emotionally abusive relationship with the older man, Khadejah has two daughters one of which is autistic. With the demise of that relationship, her challenge is now finding men who are willing to date a woman with children, especially a child with special needs. She has several love interests that consists of an ambitious attorney, a thug, a corporate lawyer and always hiding in the shadows is her high school sweetheart, Terrance who is now a successful NBA player. Will she find her prince among this crew, or will she continue to kiss the wrong toads?

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME NOT is the impressive debut from Tracy L. Darity. Khadejah's character is a reflection of many women seeking loving relationships. The choices she made were sometimes advantageous and at others, just plain stupid. She is your best friend, sister, mother or any woman you know who won't stop until they get it right. At 444 pages, it is a very lengthy book, which grasped my attention and held it to the end with no lull in the plot. This one is sure to appeal to lovers of romance.

November 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.