A View From Tracy's Point

Forum Home > Book Reviews (Tracy's Books) > A Great Debut Novel, June 14, 2009

Tracy L Darity
Site Owner

4.0 out of 5 stars (3.5 Stars)

By Urban Reviews (Urban-Reviews.com) - 

Reviewed by Radiah Hubbert

for Urban Reviews

This review is from: He Loves Me He Loves Me Not! (Paperback)

Khadejah Johnson grew up thinking that if she did well in school, went to college, and meet the perfect man that her life would be perfect. But Khadejah found out that life is not a fairytale when she finds out that her high-school sweetheart got another girl pregnant. Hurt and confused, she runs into the arms of a man that's ten years older than her. Khadejah thinks that this is the perfect but soon finds out that he's anything but. Fast forward around fourteen years later and Khadejah is now a single mother and is still on that rocky road to finding love. Aaron is an upwardly mobile man trying to climb the corporate ladder. Mylan is a man of many talents but he's not ready to settle down. J. Jordan Edwards is a corporate attorney trying to move past his latest relationship mistake. Terrance is a NBA basketball star trying to win back the love of his high school sweetheart. Will Khadejah find true love with any of these men?

He Loves Me He Loves Me Not! is a thought-provoking novel by Tracy Darity. Darity brings us an entertaining coming of age tale about a woman who must learn some hard life lessons in order to find true love. You will see how Khadejah goes from being a naive teen to a woman who has realized her own self worth. This novel has a strong storyline and well developed characters. But there were a lot of parts to this story that could have been cut out to make this book flow more easily. There was way too much telling and not enough showing in this story. Khadejah and some of the other secondary characters had significant life changing events in this novel that were not shown but they were told to the reader instead either through conversation or narration. Had these events been shown and the more insignificant parts of the novel been omitted, the story would have read at a smoother and faster pace. There were also some minor editing issues that could not be ignored. With those issues aside, He Loves Me He Loves Me Not! is still a great debut novel by Tracy Darity.

Original review can be located on Amazon.com

November 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.