Teganjaz Books Presents...Author, Tracy L. Darity

Bringing you the best in contemporary fiction, one book at a time

A View From Tracy's Point

Forum Home > Book Reviews (Tracy's Books) > Lengthy but good!, February 23, 2009

Tracy L Darity
Site Owner

4.0 out of 5 stars

By Donnica Copeland

"http://sistatalkbookclub.we... (Marietta, GA United States) 

This review is from: He Loves Me He Loves Me Not! (Paperback)

Tracy L Darity's He Loves Me He Loves Me Not!, journeys with Khadeja Johnson on her search for true love. Khadeja grew up in a loving home with her mother, father, brother, and sister. She saw her parents live happily ever after and just knew that was how her road would turn out. It starts with her first real boyfriend in high school. When he gets his ex-girlfriend pregnant, Khadeja then finds herself in the arms of a man ten years-older than her. Before long they are living together and she cannot find a way out. He has plenty of other women, but expects Khadeja to stay and be faithful. By the time she is able to escape his grip, she has two children. Now living as a single mother, Khadeja is trying to find a man that will love her and her children. She runs into man after man and experiences heartbreak after heartbreak. But along the way, she has the support of her family and friends.

Darity depicts the life of a girl that grows into a woman. It is very relatable. At some point in a woman's life, we have gone through at least one of these situations. The character still comes out on top and a better woman than when she started. She learns a valuable lesson in each heart break. And we learn the lesson with her. While it was a rather lengthy read, I was glued to it from page to page. When you find yourself shouting and talking to the book, you know you have found a winner.

Donnica Copeland

APOOO BookClub

Sista Talk Book Club

Original review can be located on Amazon.com

November 25, 2010 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.