Teganjaz Books Presents...Author, Tracy L. Darity

Bringing you the best in contemporary fiction, one book at a time

A View From Tracy's Point

Forum Home > Book Reviews > Lessons In Living: Ordinary Women, Extraordinary God! by Dr. Cynthia P. White

Tracy L Darity
Site Owner

Lessons in Living: Ordinary Women, Extraordinary GodLessons in Living: Ordinary Women, Extraordinary God by Cynthia Parker White

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lessons In Living
By Cynthia P. White

A Delightful Read

I was prepared to sit down and read Lessons in Living in one sitting. However, the book turned out to be several short stories on life lessons. It felt more like daily devotionals, so I read it that way…a story a day.

The stories are filled with insight and examples that can be applied to everyday life. The first life lesson, What I Learned from My Toro, by Dr. White, brought back memories of buying my home and being determined to do it on my own. The lessons of self-reliance, perseverance, and determination are real. The contributors share stories, some light and others heavy burdens that had to carry. Stories of perseverance and triumph and overcoming insurmountable odds fill the pages of this inspirational literary work. Whether it’s the accomplishment of learning to operate your first lawn mower, dealing with the unexpected death of a spouse, or God’s awesomeness when a mother, along with her daughter and granddaughter learn to trust God during a period of homelessness; these experiences teach the reader that at any moment it could be us…But God!

Lessons In Living is an emotional journey that I encourage others to take. It is also a great gift and coffee table read. My only disappointment in the book was wanting more back story and current updates on the pieces shared.

My rating is a well-earned 5 stars

Tracy L. Darity

BUY NOW

View all my reviews

--
March 19, 2016 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.